Ready for a bit of jewellery making fun this summer?
I now have 27 jewellery making videos on Skillshare, with more coming over the next few weeks, covering making rings, chains, bangles, earrings and a bit of stone setting and rolling mill skills too. Skillshare is a great site for learning new skills, sharing what you’ve made, getting feedback from your fellow students and getting help and advice from me too! In fact, it’s the perfect place to host my online Sumer School especially for those of you who can’t make the Summer School I’m running here in the studios – and even better, you could win £75 to spend in my Etsy store.
So……. Welcome to the Online Jewellery Summer School Competition! The Competition is running from 1:00pm BST on Wednesday 26th July and 11:59pm on Sunday 3rd September – and all you need to do is watch video classes, make jewellery, share your work and make nice comments about work other people post!
The Full Rules
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. By submitting an entry to the Online Jewellery Summer School competition run by Joanne Tinley Jewellery, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Joanne Tinley Jewellery and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
If you are 18 years or older at the time of entry, you are eligible to enter the Contest. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Open to both UK and non-UK residents. Offer is void where prohibited.
How to enter
- The Contest runs between 1:00pm BST on Wednesday 26th July 2017 and 11:59pm BST on Sunday 3rd September
- Watch as many jewellery making classes published by Joanne Tinley on skillshare.com as you wish.
- A premium Skillshare subscription is required to watch the classes, and a two-months free trial can be gained using the following link: https://www.skillshare.com/r/user/joannetinley
- Show off your completed projects in the class project section available on each video class. Completed projects must have at least one photo of a finished piece of jewellery made using the instructions given in that video class, plus a few lines of text. The text could include, for example, a description of the jewellery and the materials you used or how you adapted the design.
- Make at least one constructive comment on a class project uploaded by a fellow student on at least one of the aforementioned video classes.
- For those students who uploaded class projects prior to the announcement of the Contest: update your class project during the Contest period by uploading a photo of a new piece of jewellery made using the class instructions and a new description and your project will be counted in the Contest.
- The Contest Winner will be the Student with the highest number of completed projects published during the Context Period. In the event of a tie, three artists from the Sorting Office Studios, Eastleigh, UK will judge the winner based on the finish of the completed jewellery, the use of colour (where appropriate) and the adaptation of the designs.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV): Maximum ARV of all prizes: £75 ($97.60 US on 26/7/2017).
The Contest Prize is a £75 voucher for the Joanne Tinley Jewellery Etsy Store (www.etsy.com/shop/joannetinley). The voucher can only be spent in the aforementioned Etsy store, not in other Etsy stores or on www.joannetinleyjewellery.com
If winner is unable to receive payment then prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with these Official Rules from among the remaining eligible entries for that prize. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period.
Final prize and outline
- Winner will be selected based on the information in ‘How to Enter’
- Winner will be notified by 10th September 2017 by the following methods: announcement in Joanne Tinley’s Skillshare Discussions (https://www.skillshare.com/user/joannetinley), announcement on Joanne Tinley Jewellery’s Facebook page (facebook.com/joannetinleyjewellery), announcement in Joanne Tinley Jewellery’s newsletter, any other social media channels associated with Joanne Tinley Jewellery.
- Winner must reply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th October 2017.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of winner’s parent or legal guardian who will be required to execute affidavit on minor’s behalf.
- Joanne Tinley Jewellery family members and employees are not eligible for entry to the Contest.
- This Contest is not affiliated with Skillshare or any social media platform on which the Contest is publicised.
- No substitutions are permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash and non-assignable and non-transferable except to a surviving spouse. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local sales and income taxes. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Limit: one prize per household. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. If Joanne Tinley Jewellery goes bankrupt or out of business then the prize will not be able to be rewarded to the winner. If Joanne Tinley Jewellery is acquired or merges, it’s the new owners discretion to uphold the delivery of the prize and payment for the membership. Cash value of the prize cannot be redeemed.
Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from all claims and liability relating to their participation, acceptance and use or misuse of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Winner acknowledges the Sponsor and all other businesses concerned with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder”; of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or incomplete entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any competition it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules and cancel the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus, bot or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Contest), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
These Contest Rules were written with guidance from the CAP code written by the Committee of Advertising Practise, UK.
Joanne Tinley Jewellery, The Sorting Office Studios, 37 Wells Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5FY, UK